Bluegrass Ceili Academy is a member of a thriving Central Kentucky and Lexington Irish community
Whether is in our own studio or across town, our dancers are involved in Lexington’s Irish community. In partnership with the Bluegrass Irish Society, we dance with the local set dancing club, and regularly participate in the Lexington Celtic Association’s “First Thursday” night of music and dance. And you’ll find us every March at Lexington’s St. Patrick’s Parade and Festival, as well as every September at the Lexington Sister Cities “Halfway to St. Patrick’s Day” annual fundraiser.
To learn more, visit some of the links below for more information on these great community members.
- Bluegrass Irish Society ~ a 501(c)3 organization founded in 1980 and dedicated to celebrating Lexington’s Irish heritage
- Lexington Celtic Association ~ Founded in 2002 by a group of friends celebrating their Celtic heritage
- Ancient Order of Hibernians – Chartered in Lexington in 2017, the AOH is one of the oldest Irish fraternal organizations in the United States.
- Alltech Lexington St. Patrick’s Parade and Festival ~ A Lexington tradition, held the Saturday before the 17th every year.
- Failte Irish Shop ~ THE place to go in Lexington for all of your Irish import needs.
- McCarthy’s Irish Bar ~ Home of the First Thursday, where you can show up for the steps, then stay for a pint. Visit our calendar for the schedule.
Below are some helpful links for those interested in Irish dancing.
- An Coimisuin le Rinci Gaelacha ~ The Irish dancing commission
- Irish Dance Teachers Association of North America ~ the national Irish dance governing body in the U.S.
- Irish Dance Teachers Association of Mid-America ~ the governing region in Kentucky
- Irish Dance Teachers Association of North America Southern Region
- Shop Irish Dance ~ an online store with unique items and designs for Irish dancers
Please join us in showing support for others in our community who support Bluegrass Ceili Academy.