If you’ve been looking for fun, affordable Irish dance classes in Lexington, now is the time to sign up with Bluegrass Ceili Academy. Our classes — for beginners, youth and adults — focus on learning and mastering the basics of Irish dancing — we’ll have a variety of classes to choose from this fall.
- Beginner Irish Dance (Wednesdays, 5:30-6:15 p.m.) – This class is for students ages 5-12 who have never taken an Irish dance class. Specific instruction will focus on the fundamentals of Irish dance, including recital material. Students without previous dance or Irish dance experience are welcome.
- Youth Irish Dance (Mondays, 6-6:55 p.m.) – This class is for returning students or those placed in the class with the permission of the instructor. Students in this class should have mastered basic ceili movements and beginner steps as we will be working on expanding their dance material.
- Adult Irish Dance (Mondays, 7-7:55 p.m.) – This class is for beginner and returning students 16+ and will focus on learning dances required for grade exams, ceili dances and performance material. Students with or without previous experience are welcome. The class is offered in person with a virtual option for remote students.
- Youth Teams (Wednesdays, 6:15-7 p.m.) – This class is open to students with permission of the instructor. Students must be enrolled in the youth class on Monday. The class will focus on preparing dancers for performance and competitions.
- Adult Teams (Wednesdays, 7-8 p.m.) – This class is open to all adults interested in performing or competing. Students must be enrolled in the adult class on Monday.
- Virtual Adult Class (Thursdays, 7-8 p.m.) – This class is open to advanced adults with permission of the instructor.
Registration for Monday classes is available online through Artworks at the Carver School through the Kiddie Kapers program – go to https://link.bluegrassceili.com/register22 and follow the instructions to sign up.
Irish dance classes in Lexington with one of the city’s favorite dance studios
Bluegrass Ceili Academy was on the podium this year in the 2022 Best of Lexington awards. We’re honored to be a favorite Lexington dance studio according to YOU and our community! The Lexington Herald Leader’s annual awards were announced August 14 and thanks to our community, Bluegrass Ceili Academy was among the top three.
It’s the second year in a row that the studio has been at the front of mind for Lexingtonians. In 2021, Bluegrass Ceili Academy took top honors.
Your place for Irish dance classes in Lexington is the Bluegrass Ceili Academy
Perspective. Experience. Community. Mission. It’s what matters.
What does that mean?
It’s the way we look at things, the experience we bring to the classroom, it’s building and giving back to our community, and living our mission by providing a supportive learning environment for dancers of all ages and skill levels.
Bluegrass Ceili Academy offers Irish dance classes in Lexington in partnership with Artworks at the Carver School and Lexington Parks and Recreation.