If you’ve been looking for Irish dance classes in Lexington, now is the time to sign up with Bluegrass Ceili Academy. Our classes — for both children and adults — focus on learning and mastering the basics of Irish dancing — we’ll have three classes, plus an extra teams class to choose from this fall.
- Beginning Irish Dance (Mondays, 5:30-6:15 p.m.) – This class is for students ages 6+ who have never taken an Irish dance class or those who aren’t quite ready for our regular youth class. Dancers who previously were in our pre-school class may enroll in this class. New students younger than 6 may enroll with instructor permission after an evaluation.
- Youth Irish Dance (Mondays, 6:15-7:15 p.m.) – This class is for returning students or those placed in the class with the permission of the instructor. Students in this class should have mastered basic ceili movements and beginner steps as we will be working on expanding their dance material.
- Adult Irish Dance (Mondays, 7:15-8:15 p.m.) – This class is for beginner and returning students 16+ and will focus on learning group choreography.
- Youth Teams (Wednesdays, 6-7 p.m.) – This class is open to students with permission of the instructor. Students must be enrolled in the youth class on Monday *OR* are a member of a Dance Attack team. The class will focus on preparing dancers for performance and competitions.
- Adult Teams (Wednesdays, 7-8 p.m.) – This class is open to all adults interested in performing or competing. Students must be enrolled in the Adult Irish Dance class on Monday.
Registration for Monday classes is available online through Artworks at the Carver School through the Kiddie Kapers program– just go to https://www.lexingtonky.gov/kiddie-kapers-company-dance-program and follow the instructions to sign up starting on Wednesday.
Open House, Thursday Sept. 5
If you want to learn more about our Bluegrass Ceili Academy Irish dance classes for adults and children, stop by Artworks at the Carver School‘s fall Open House on Thursday, Sept. 5. You’ll be able to meet with teachers, see demonstrations, and try a step or two. We can’t wait to meet you! Check out our Facebook Event page for more details.
Your place for Irish dance classes in Lexington is the Bluegrass Ceili Academy
Perspective. Experience. Community. Mission. It’s what matters.
What does that mean?
It’s the way we look at things, the experience we bring to the classroom, it’s building and giving back to our community, and living our mission by providing a supportive learning environment for dancers of all ages and skill levels.
Bluegrass Ceili Academy offers Irish dance classes in Lexington in partnership with Artworks at the Carver School and Lexington Parks and Recreation. Additionally, LexArts has provided funding support for Bluegrass Ceili Academy through its Fund for the Arts.